The small print follows, but the bottom line is that we respect our customers and their privacy. We will never bother you unduly with multiple messages and we will never sell or rent your personal information to a third party.
We value your custom, hope that you will continue to enjoy our books and that we can continue to send you news about new books or reprints that we think will interest you.
Rod Grainger & Jude Brooks, Publishers
What information is collected, and why?
Information you give us:
From time to time, you may be asked to provide us with personal information when interacting with Veloce Publishing services. For example, when you:
• Contact us about products and services
• Purchase a product through our website
• Sign up to our mailing lists
• Participate in surveys, competitions or special promotions
• Request a notification when one of our products comes into stock
Depending on the reason you are contacting us, this information is likely to include your name, email address and telephone number, as well as delivery address, billing address, credit card details or bank details for orders. It may also include information such as your areas of interest to improve how we undertake marketing.
Information we collect about you from our websites:
You may also provide personal information indirectly through the use of our websites. Like many other websites, we automatically collect the following information:
- The amount of times you have visited the website
- The time of the first visit, your previous visit, and your current visit, as well as the length of your current visit
- Whether you arrived on the website from a search engine, a link, or from no previous page
- The timezone in which you are located
Why do we collect this information?
We use the information you provide us with and that we collect about you in order to facilitate and improve our services to you. We may also use the information in the following ways:
- Providing you with the products and services you request
- Communicating with you regarding your purchases or inquiries with us and third parties, whether by email or another medium
- Communicating with you regarding changes to our policies
- Sending you emails containing newsletters, information on new products, and offers and promotions for our products and services
- Administering competitions, promotions and surveys
- Improving and amending our products, services and operations
- Detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Where you have provided specific consent to Veloce Publishing to allow us to use your personal information in a clear and specific purpose. For example, sending you email newsletters and marketing.
Where the use of your personal information is required for us to fulfil a contract we have entered into with you, or where you have requested us to take specific steps prior to a contract. For example, when you purchase a product from us, and we require your information to be able to provide you with said product.
Where the use of your personal information is necessary so that we are able to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to, outside of those obligations already detailed in the 'Contract' basis. For example, in the eventuality that we are ordered to provide the data by a court or regulatory body.
Where the processing of your personal information is necessary to achieve the legitimate interests of ourselves or a third party, so long as the information is used fairly and does not duly impact your rights as an individual, or where there is a good reason to protect your personal information that overrides these interests.
When processing your information in this way, we make sure to consider and weigh any potential impact these uses may have on you – both positive and negative – and your rights under data protection laws. Your personal information will not be used in circumstances where our interests are overridden by this impact on you, unless required or otherwise permitted by law.
In instances where we use particularly sensitive personal information, we require an additional special condition in order to do so under data protection laws. In such cases, we will either do so on the basis of your explicit consent, or through another route available to us by law (for example, if it is required to process information for employment, social security or social protection purposes).
How is your information shared, and who with?
Third party service providers
We use a number of third party service providers that perform various functions on our behalf, including hosting, payment processing, analytics, marketing, etc. These parties have access to your personal information only as far as it is necessary for them to perform their functions, and they are under obligation to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information at all times. This extends to an obligation not to use, sell, distribute or alter this information in any way other than to provide their specific function to Veloce Publishing Ltd.
Third parties with whom we do business